Known for its beaches and boating canals, Fort Lauderdale is the perfect place to sit back and relax. If you're looking for a long weekend getaway, here is the perfect 3-day itinerary for you.
- Fly into Fort Lauderdale in the morning and drive to The Foxy Brown for brunch. Located on Broward Blvd., The Foxy Brown is the perfect stop for a casual, delicious brunch.
- After brunch, drive east and check into Villa Venezia, a quaint and cozy home away from home located in the heart of Fort Lauderdale.
- Spend your day relaxing by the pool or drive to the beach, 8 minutes or so.
- At night drive 5 minutes to Las Olas Boulevard and eat at one of the many restaurants on the strip. My favourite spot is Caffe Europa – authentic Italian with recipes passed down through generations in owner Tony Cupelli's family. Delicious pasta, a good glass of wine, and great company.
- Go to the beach! Anywhere south of Deerfield Beach or north of Pompano Beach. Close enough to grab a bite to eat on the boardwalk but private enough to give you space to swim and relax. My favourite spot is where Atlantic Boulevard meets Pompano Beach. A quiet spot to read, swim, and walk the white sandy beaches, this area is also walking distance to cafes, bars, and lunch spots when you need a drink or a bite to eat.
- Hands down my favourite spot to eat in Fort Lauderdale is Sea Watch on the Ocean. Located on a bluff steps from the Atlantic Ocean, Sea Watch has been around since 1974 and was named by OpenTable as one of the top 100 most scenic restaurants in the US. Sunday brunch or dinner at dusk, the food is drool-worthy, the service unmatched, the views unlike no other.
- Before you fly home, go shopping! Head to Fort Lauderdale's best and biggest outlet mall, Sawgrass Mills, or head to The Swap Shop, Fort Lauderdale's flea market. My favourite? Las Olas Boulevard, of course! Head back to explore boutique shops and galleries to soak up the Southern Florida culture.
Fort Lauderdale is the perfect city to visit when you're looking for a relaxing, comfortably paced vacation. Great for active lifestyles, foodies, and culture lovers. One last tip: book a water taxi to get you to and from each destination–cheap, easy to use, and a great way to take in the views.